duck screaming?

fatty and friends

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 27, 2020
michigan
why would a duck scream for no reason? i was sitting with my ducks before i brought them in for the night and my girl (1.5 year old rouen) started walking toward the fence slowly and quacking really loud? usually she stays right next to me but she walked to the total opposite end of the yard screaming into the fence/plants near the fence?

they don’t sleep outside so are totally safe but i’m still confused about what could be there? if she sees animals normally she just comes and sits next to me and gets quiet

Ducks have amazing eyesight compares to us. She likely saw something and was telling it off. I have seen my ducks do it with a squirrel they didn't want in their area. I feel they do it with animals they are not really afraid of, but think they can send off.
Agreed. My hen started doing this and I didn't see anything at first. I put everyone in their coop and locked it up. Since we were having a bonfire I moved my chair close to the duck coop to keep an eye out. Then 10 minutes later I saw something out of the corner of my eye and there was a huge raccoon watching through the fence that definitely was not sitting there when I checked the first time.

Back
Top Bottom