Duck stopped laying

Bevy326

Chirping
Aug 19, 2018
so I have 6 welsh harlequin ducks. 1 of which layer her first egg about 2 weeks ago. Yay! She is approximately 7 months old. The other 5 are only 4 months. Anyway she was laying once a day, or every other day and suddenly has stopped. It's been 4 days or so since her last egg. I'm just curious if this is cause for concern or if it is normal behavior. She seems to be eating and drinking fine and Is acting normal as far as I can tell. It just seemed odd to me that she would lay for 2 weeks and then suddenly stop.

Working out new layer kinks. She may start back soon or wait till days get longer hard to say I was getting 2 Runner eggs a day up until 2 days ago so now none of mine are laying. Taking a break and resting their bodies. Congrats on the eggs soon you’ll have more than you know what to do with having 6 WH.

Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I thought, but it never hurts to check. It's also been really cold so I'm assuming that has something to do with it as well. I'm sure once it warms up I'll be swimming in eggs!

Back
Top Bottom