Duck Todays is Hatching day

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LauraSBale, Nov 17, 2009.

1. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

Well nothing is happening, i thought i would wake up to some pepping, I have 5 eggs, and before lock down all 5 had movement in them, i checked them this morning, and only 1 i can feel movement in [​IMG]

i candled the other 4 and dont see any movement or anything, I hope nothing happened to them in the last 3 days [​IMG]

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I don't know anything about ducks but are you suppost to candle them on the day they are due to hatch? Shouldn't you wait a couple of days? Sending you some good hatching vibs. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Ducks-R-Us

Ducks-R-Us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Dakota
    Well, today is day 30 for me and a call duck just hatched. Call ducks are supposed to take 26 days. Also I just got a pip on my last Magpie egg. The first one hatched on day 27. So just leave the eggs for a couple more days and make sure the humidity stays high.
    Good Luck!

4. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

thanks
    I have it about 60% hum, is that ok or should it be higher

last month my 2 ducks hatched 24 and 25 days, i will keep watching, [​IMG] there Rouen x Magpies

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  5. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Maybe your temp was down so they are taking a little longer? Again, I know nothing about ducks only that I would like to see pics when they hatch. I'm thinking positive for you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    If today is hatching day, then you should not open the incubator to candle or feel the eggs. You run the very high risk of shrink-wrapping the duckling inside the membrane. Best of luck and hope you end up with at least a few!

~Cherlyn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by