Duck toys?

Angel07

Songster
Mar 11, 2021
Victoria, Australia
Hey,

So I've got a single duckling that's about a month old so she can't go out with the older ducks yet.

I try to spend as much time with her as possible because ducks are very social but I can't spend all day with her. But whenever I leave her alone she cries out.

I don't want her getting bored so I want to make her a few toys to put in her cage with her.

Does anyone have some good ones I can make with stuff I'll have lying around?

Cheers

Is there any way you could have her outside some of the day, in a container where she can see the other ducks and they can see her?
I'm letting her wander the yard during the day. She's got a couple of chook friends. The ducks can see and hear her but I'm a bit nervous putting her out with them because mama duck has started sitting again and I don't want her to give up the nest thinking that this one is one of the babies

Hey,

So I've got a single duckling that's about a month old so she can't go out with the older ducks yet.

I try to spend as much time with her as possible because ducks are very social but I can't spend all day with her. But whenever I leave her alone she cries out.

I don't want her getting bored so I want to make her a few toys to put in her cage with her.

Does anyone have some good ones I can make with stuff I'll have lying around?

Cheers
My ducks have always had fun with little cheap bird toys from Walmart that I got for about $1 that can hang from their enclosure, things that roll around (plastic Easter eggs), things they can pick up like my old mega blocks, kazoos, big bubble wands (also from the Dollar Store) old my Little Pony toys. I cut up some strips of old fleece and made dangly strips and hung them from the top of their enclosure. Those were a big hit. Little stuffed animals that they can pick up and chew on like teeny beanie babies. 😊

My ducks have always had fun with little cheap bird toys from Walmart that I got for about $1 that can hang from their enclosure, things that roll around (plastic Easter eggs), things they can pick up like my old mega blocks, kazoos, big bubble wands (also from the Dollar Store) old my Little Pony toys. I cut up some strips of old fleece and made dangly strips and hung them from the top of their enclosure. Those were a big hit. Little stuffed animals that they can pick up and chew on like teeny beanie babies. 😊
These are great ideas! Our little Welsh is 3 weeks and he needs some toys. This gives me lots of ideas. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom