Duck trouble

Yea they are friendly with my family we can grab them and touch them and they won't do anything but when they are hype they don't wanna be caught and they are chasing the birds away from my their food bowel and they are barley turned 3 weeks old

Yea they are friendly with my family we can grab them and touch them and they won't do anything but when they are hype they don't wanna be caught and they are chasing the birds away from my their food bowel and they are barley turned 3 weeks old
How is Dewy doing now. Are you going to try and find another adult or just wait till your 2 littles are old enough to be with him?

I've a question. I bought 5 ducklings at the co-op yesterday and one has not grown and is getting more and more lethargic. They have niacin in their water. I've looked at his vent and I uhm, actually can't find it. I did find a twisted hard knot of feathers where the vent should be. I soaked him in warm water and washed away what I could, but every time I try to gently peel back those twisted fluff feathers, he squeals like he's dying. Is it possible that this duck was sexed and sexed in such a way that destroyed his vent? Not eating, not interacting and fading fast.

Oh, very sad. I suppose something could have gone wrong, but this does not sound familiar. I wonder if Lacrystol, who does quite a bit of hatching so she has seen so many ducklings, may have an answer? You could try asking her.

Okay here is a pic of the ducks now they are really intelligent and curious of every little thing :D

Back
Top Bottom