Duck TV!!! šŸ“ŗ

I'm delighted with duck TV! The surprises, the whimsy, the general duck stuff...:lauit's so addictive! And I love to see the different breeds. And yet all the ducks have the same quirky qualities! Great idea!

I'm still a relatively new duck mom and my two ducks are 8.5 weeks old today. They are growing so fast! I'm pretty sure that @Miss Lydia and others are right, these two are a couple! We weighed them last week, the male was 3.5 kg (7.72 lbs) and the female 2.4 kg (5.29 lbs) and the male is finally starting to get his wing feathers!! I'm so glad that byc tipped me off that they are going to get big. I was worried that I'm overfeeding them but realize that these are muscovies (not pekin) and are probably going to get even bigger! Their personality and size make them great for big cuddles. And they are quiet, which I'm sure the neighbors enjoy since our rooster is rather chatty. After discovering duckTV, I decided to share how my dux are, too, though it isnt that exciting yet. Their morning routine is pretty set in place, and I always open their door first, before the chickens are let out. The dux currently free range around the yard in peace before the chickens invade in the afternoon. I took some videos today of their wakeup routine. Today is a rather grey and wet German morning, but, somehow the dux brighten everything up! After watching the video, I realize that I still have to optimize their ramp and duck house (one more piece of plastic is needed to counteract the roosting bars in the front/exit of the repurposed chicken house).

Unfortunately, my dux don't have names yet. Any ideas for a couple where the guy is doting and deeply in love with the lady? :loveI have been watching their behavior as @WannaBeHillBilly suggested, but all I notice throughout the day is that the male follows the female around, watches her do everything, follows what she does, and is kind of lazy in comparison. She takes the lead and shows him where all the good worms and plants are. He doesnt like to jump in the kiddie pool as much, and she is in there directly after breakfast. In general, they cuddle most of the day at various spots in the yard. The videos from today don't show all that, but the ducks do discover that things are changing in the yard (hint, a pond is coming). Maybe I'll catch their antics in other videos.

Here are the videos!

wake up time

Oh no, Where is the ramp to the kiddy pool? Dirty water is still delicious!

Dux tv is booooooooooooooooring!!

Stop over and watch BeeTV with me!!

I love the bees! Is BeeTV a thing? In Germany, they put webcams inside the bee boxes and at the entrance for various hives all over town. It's popular to go online and check in on the bees. People even call the beekeeper in case they are changes! I could watch those busy critters for quite some time!

I'm delighted with duck TV! The surprises, the whimsy, the general duck stuff...:lauit's so addictive! And I love to see the different breeds. And yet all the ducks have the same quirky qualities! Great idea!

I'm still a relatively new duck mom and my two ducks are 8.5 weeks old today. They are growing so fast! I'm pretty sure that @Miss Lydia and others are right, these two are a couple! We weighed them last week, the male was 3.5 kg (7.72 lbs) and the female 2.4 kg (5.29 lbs) and the male is finally starting to get his wing feathers!! I'm so glad that byc tipped me off that they are going to get big. I was worried that I'm overfeeding them but realize that these are muscovies (not pekin) and are probably going to get even bigger! Their personality and size make them great for big cuddles. And they are quiet, which I'm sure the neighbors enjoy since our rooster is rather chatty. After discovering duckTV, I decided to share how my dux are, too, though it isnt that exciting yet. Their morning routine is pretty set in place, and I always open their door first, before the chickens are let out. The dux currently free range around the yard in peace before the chickens invade in the afternoon. I took some videos today of their wakeup routine. Today is a rather grey and wet German morning, but, somehow the dux brighten everything up! After watching the video, I realize that I still have to optimize their ramp and duck house (one more piece of plastic is needed to counteract the roosting bars in the front/exit of the repurposed chicken house).

Unfortunately, my dux don't have names yet. Any ideas for a couple where the guy is doting and deeply in love with the lady? :loveI have been watching their behavior as @WannaBeHillBilly suggested, but all I notice throughout the day is that the male follows the female around, watches her do everything, follows what she does, and is kind of lazy in comparison. She takes the lead and shows him where all the good worms and plants are. He doesnt like to jump in the kiddie pool as much, and she is in there directly after breakfast. In general, they cuddle most of the day at various spots in the yard. The videos from today don't show all that, but the ducks do discover that things are changing in the yard (hint, a pond is coming). Maybe I'll catch their antics in other videos.

Here are the videos!

wake up time

Oh no, Where is the ramp to the kiddy pool? Dirty water is still delicious!
Your Muscovy are so pretty! ā¤

Oh no, and I believed her! I thought they were also beautiful au naturel. But perhaps you feel they should be dressed up to cover their dux-ness? I did have a hankering for crocheting this weekend..mmmMMmmm If I prepare outfits for the ducks, then you should prepare some for the bees.
That is the problem with her unchecked lies, gullible dux people believe her. If it wasnā€™t for my relentless battle against the tyranny of dux we would be defeated by now.

Back
Top Bottom