Duck viral enteritis?

Jsticks

Hatching
Jul 29, 2021
I am a new duck owner and 10 days ago collected 5 Indian runner ducks of different ages from 3 weeks - 12 weeks old to keep as pets.
6 days after collecting them the smallest one started to become lethargic, floppy, unable to walk upright, had a runny nose, watery diarrhoea and breathing problems. Sadly she died within 12 hours. I though she might have been trampled on by the bigger ducks and become unwell from this. However last night I went to put the ducks away and the 6 week old was unable to stand up. I bought her inside in she quickly deteriorated within 4 hours she had died. I have been reading up on what could be going on and I am now concerned this is duck viral enteritis. I have 3 ducks left and am worried they will be affected by this too. Any thoughts on if this sounds right, and Is there anything I can do to prevent the others from getting it.

Any chance of getting a vet to examine or getting a necropsy. That way you know for sure what your dealing with. And getting meds to keep the rest from coming down with what it maybe.
Very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom