Duck walking on tip toes???

You may have to go to a pet store and by fish antibiotics they will be same as what we use to purchase over the counter for our birds but Gov has taken that privilege away from us.

I am sorry I forgot to take pictures. I decided to make a duck shoe and bandaged the rest of the leg after applying more antibiotic ointment for now. I am hoping to find some antibiotics in town tomorrow as I do not really have time to go out of town :(
I am sorry I posted this on a wrong thread . This is a reply for my duck with a bad leg wound and injury. but thanks for the antibiotic info

I would also like to know if someone knows what this is. We have 16 khaki campbells and one of them has just started walking on her toes and using her tail as a conunter balance. Our are only about 12 weeks old. She seems to be eating and swims really well. Just doesn't walk like a duck (no pun intended :) ).

Did you figure out what was happening with your duck? I have a pekin duck that just started this. My ducks are 10 weeks old. I started giving brewers yeast today to see if that will help any. I know this post is old but I hope your duck is well.

When a duckling is already showing symptoms of leg strength issues it’s best to get them on liquid B Complex it works faster, TSC carries it in the cattle dept 1 ml per day it will say injectable but we give it orally to our birds. Usually takes less than a week to see improvements .

When a duckling is already showing symptoms of leg strength issues it’s best to get them on liquid B Complex it works faster, TSC carries it in the cattle dept 1 ml per day it will say injectable but we give it orally to our birds. Usually takes less than a week to see improvements .

Thank you! I will try this. I know you said you give it orally, do you mix it with food or how exactly do you give it to your duck?

You can try doing it orally but probably best way is putting it over something she really likes like thawed peas or mealworms. Just enough that she gobbles down the whole dose. Please keep us updated on how she is doing. Give the others the brewers yeast if none are showing symptoms like this one but if that isn’t possible then just mix up enough complex and snack for them all to have but it would be best to treat the one having trouble separately since she really needs it. Won’t hurt her to eat feed with the brewers yeast mixed in she’ll pee out what her body doesn’t need.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom