Duck waterer....?

JulieBeth07

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Fort Pierce, FL
We have 6 ducks here. I currently let them free range everyday. They have 2 water pools (outside) and a water bowl (in their pen)(has to be changed a couple of times a day)

We're going out of town for a couple of days and I'm trying to make it as easy as possible on my birds and my bird friend that has so graciously agreed to help us.

Looking for ideas for a waterer in their pen. I've read about the 5 gallon bucket idea. I've seen the drum idea too. It has to be something relatively simple (I'm no carpenter and my husband will be working midnight shift until we leave)

I also saw a waterer on Amazon that I attached. Would this work for my girls???Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201211-145048_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-145048_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20201211-145028_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-145028_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20201211-144753_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-144753_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 5
I cannot remember if that is deep enough. Don’t forget that they need to clean their nostrils.
A few ideas I’ve used while away.
* Put a hole on the side of a milk jug near the bottom. Fill, and place it in a big rubber bowl. This keeps the ducks from getting into the water, and thus keeps it cleaner.
*Adult ducks really are tall enough to reach into a bucket.
* I love Maxwell House plastic coffee cans! I think I used this idea most with the ducks while away. I have a lot of them! :lol:
* Use whatever bowls you have, and put a brick or big rock in the middle to keep ducks out.
* This is from Bantychooks.
E1E7C2DD-A896-4BED-85A5-9A7F001D03D3.jpeg 1CADB326-1743-4326-AAEF-A947165C995F.jpeg

I think it might. Also, you could (if you really want to) is lave a shallow kitty pool of water and the ducks can use that to drink?
Part of my duck pen has pebble in it, I was planning on putting a pool in there. That was before I knew they didn't have to swim in it lol. It's covered in straw now... but I sure could clear out the straw and put a tote in there! Thanks!

I cannot remember if that is deep enough. Don’t forget that they need to clean their nostrils.
A few ideas I’ve used while away.
* Put a hole on the side of a milk jug near the bottom. Fill, and place it in a big rubber bowl. This keeps the ducks from getting into the water, and thus keeps it cleaner.
*Adult ducks really are tall enough to reach into a bucket.
* I love Maxwell House plastic coffee cans! I think I used this idea most with the ducks while away. I have a lot of them! :lol:
* Use whatever bowls you have, and put a brick or big rock in the middle to keep ducks out.
* This is from Bantychooks.
View attachment 2445830View attachment 2445831
Good ideas! I could handle those😆 i never thought about putting a brick in the middle ... or the plywood trick. Those are the same type of bowls they have!

I just have a pool outside and a small dog auto-waterer in the coop that I have to replace every 3 days or so. They splash the water a little bit but not enough to make a mess in there.

Back
Top Bottom