Duck with bubbly and sunk in eye

chickenbloomers

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 17, 2014
I live in Missouri.
What's wrong with my duck he's been fine until today, I saw his eye this morning while I was feeding the him and the chickens. His eye is sunk in and watering and also bubbly he also has a bump on the under side of his bill on the same side his bubbly eye is.

Last edited:
He has an infection - sometimes called foamy eye.

There are antibiotic eye drops, and a good duck vet is best, but in the meantime, you can carefully rinse the eye with saline solution four or five times a day - and since there is some swelling, I would look into the antibiotic drops - I would also consider that the duck may need some oral antibiotics.

Adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar per gallon of drinking water can help, as along as the water container is not metal.

With the lump under his bill I think I would want to have a vet look at him. Is he still eating and drinking normally? Has he lost any weight?

-Kathy

He acts completely normal, still eats and drinks hasn't lost any Wight. I don't have the money to send him to a vet. And how often can I give him apple cider vinegar and should I be giving it to his mate? I'd really like to try and avoid antibiotics, but if that's what it takes I'm willing.

Hi all,

My little Nibbles (girl) has just got this. One eye was gunky with white snotty stuff and the other eye was gunky and bubbly like this one.

Does anyone know if its contagious to my other ducks?

Also did the vet diagnose the problem and what treatment was given?

Waiting for the cets to open in the morning to make an appointment.

Back
Top Bottom