Duck with injured leg!

Featherss

Chirping
Sep 11, 2021
My one duck (a call duck crossed with khaki Campbell, I think? The person I bought her from said she was khaki, but she's way too dark and looks a lot more like a call duck) Has been limping for about a month now. She kind of stands on it, but she walks low to the ground with it out to the side sort of pushing along. I can't tell if it's broken or not, but if it is then the break would have be right at the hock. I don't have any pictures right now, but if you think it would be helpful, I can get some tomorrow.

Sounds like a dietary issue. Your ducks should have feed available at all times even if they free range. Or at least they should be fed an adequate amount of feed daily not just at bed time. Chicken feed is fine, but you will need a source of niacin. There is not enough niacin for ducks in chicken feed. I suggest getting some super b complex and start adding that daily along with their feed. If you only have the one duck and its female, layer pellets would be fine. Males have issues eating layer feed due to the extra calcium. Ducklings need even more niacin while growing.

Sounds like a dietary issue. Your ducks should have feed available at all times even if they free range. Or at least they should be fed an adequate amount of feed daily not just at bed time. Chicken feed is fine, but you will need a source of niacin. There is not enough niacin for ducks in chicken feed. I suggest getting some super b complex and start adding that daily along with their feed. If you only have the one duck and its female, layer pellets would be fine. Males have issues eating layer feed due to the extra calcium. Ducklings need even more niacin while growing.
Alright, I'll do that! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom