Duck with leg problem

Yes, she can bend her leg on her own but she sits down a lot when they are out hunting, she has been limping/waddling a lot the last couple weeks but I haven’t had any time to check her out. I do have a couple built in kennels in my duck house, I can put her in one. How can I keep her from making a mess of the duck house with her water? Could it be a niacin deficiency? Or her leg be out of place?
This has already been going on for a couple of weeks? Oh, I was thinking this was something that just happened. I might rule out sprain if she hasn't improved any. Would you know if it was swelling worst than it is now? (It looked almost bruised too in that spot, making me think sprain.) Or, do you know if the swelling has gotten worst? I'd watch it closely to see if the swelling changes in any way.

This has already been going on for a couple of weeks? Oh, I was thinking this was something that just happened. I might rule out sprain if she hasn't improved any. Would you know if it was swelling worst than it is now? (It looked almost bruised too in that spot, making me think sprain.) Or, do you know if the swelling has gotten worst? I'd watch it closely to see if the swelling changes in any way.
Yes, 2-4 weeks. I know it was before September 30 which is when Banana my favorite female duck died and I just haven’t had time since. I don’t know, I can check tomorrow when I get them up. I didn’t put her in a kennel tonight. I did notice tonight that her flipper/leg that has the swollen knee is turned in a little bit. I won’t be able to do anything this weekend because we are going camping and I won’t be around

Back
Top Bottom