Duck with Pneumonia! Please help!

hkan2496

Hatching
Jul 30, 2022
My 2 month old Pekin (girl I believe) suddenly became unable to walk a week ago today (Saturday). I assumed it was niacin definitely and started adding additional niacin to her (and her sister’s) food. Monday I took her to the vet after she was showing no improvement.

The vet said her lungs sounded terrible and she has pneumonia. And that was likely why she wasn’t able to walk, she’s too weak. She doesn’t have strong muscles, he didn’t have any niacin concerns. He prescribed amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium for oral suspension. 2 ML twice a day. I’ve given her the medicine (as best as I could) at the same times twice a day. At first I thought maybe she made a little improvement. But the last 2 days she definitely doesn’t seem better. Maybe worse. Up until yesterday, she’s still been drinking and eating meal worms and peas (won’t touch her pellets). Today she’s only taken a few sips of water.

I’ve also tried VetRX to try to clear her congestion. Electrolyte packet in the water.

She’s also struggling with moving her neck around. I’m assuming because of being so weak but still wanted to mention it just in case.

The whole day today she struggled to breath.

I would love to help her in anyway possible but I also don’t want to let her suffer.

Someone on my Facebook group suggested I come here and a few people to tag. Thank you so much!

Hi, I know this is old but my duck passed away yesterday and she had very similar symptoms. Doctors also couldn’t figure out what was wrong so I’m searching for answers. Did you ever find out what yours had?

Back
Top Bottom