Duck with rare breathing

SrPato

Chirping
Sep 2, 2019
Hi! My name is Hawae, I am new to the forum, maybe my English is not good, because I mostly use the translator (I am Spanish), but I have been reading the forum for days to find answers to know what happens to my duck: Sr Pato (Mr Duck).

Sr Pato will have about 3/4 weeks, I think. It is a Pekingese duck (common), but for a couple of days (it has been with me since Tuesday of last week) especially when resting, for a few minutes a strange noise, I think it comes from his chest and the noise It is similar to the creaking of wood more or less.
When it is active I do not hear that, but also two days ago sneezes more (and as it costs a little to do it, you know, like when you feel like sneezing and until after a few seconds it does not come out), and secretion , I only see water coming out (because I usually do it shortly after drinking, there is no secretion with color or smell, only water). Nor do I see him down, on the contrary, he is very playful, nor does he have secretion in his eyes, he eats well and drinks water, he also sleeps and his urine and excrement is normal. Yesterday I gave him water with apple cider vinegar, but I don't know if it had much effect.
Do you think it is a lung infection or can it be like a grunt / snoring typical of it?

If you want, I insert some video.
Thank you very much for answering!

Make sure your water is deep enough so Sr Pato can dunk his beak completely under water, to keep his sinuses and airway clear and clean ! I have huge old cooking pot with handles my ducks Rose and Daisy can dunk their heads under water to drink! I change it daily and use old water for my grass ! They muddy it up in no time ! You can always make a little special fence they can put their heads through but not their bodies to drink water from like spaced horizional fence ! I'm building one now ... Will take pictures tomorrow !

Forsmall ducklings like your Pato make something similar to this he can't climb into it but can dunk his head all the way. Apple cider vinegar is good too 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water. It can help if there is certain bacteria. Ducklings can sneeze for various reason dry dusty bedding, dusty feed or just dry air so giving him a way to keep his nostrils and eyes cleaned out will help a lot. As for the noise I have read others talking about the noises their Pekin ducklings make snoring sounds etc. if you can put a video of of Mr Pato on here maybe we can help you feel confident there isn't anything wrong. You'll have to put it up on you tube or Vimeo then copy and paste here.

:welcome

Attachments

• IMG_2627.JPG
    IMG_2627.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 1
Make sure your water is deep enough so Sr Pato can dunk his beak completely under water, to keep his sinuses and airway clear and clean ! I have huge old cooking pot with handles my ducks Rose and Daisy can dunk their heads under water to drink! I change it daily and use old water for my grass ! They muddy it up in no time ! You can always make a little special fence they can put their heads through but not their bodies to drink water from like spaced horizional fence ! I'm building one now ... Will take pictures tomorrow !

Forsmall ducklings like your Pato make something similar to this he can't climb into it but can dunk his head all the way. Apple cider vinegar is good too 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water. It can help if there is certain bacteria. Ducklings can sneeze for various reason dry dusty bedding, dusty feed or just dry air so giving him a way to keep his nostrils and eyes cleaned out will help a lot. As for the noise I have read others talking about the noises their Pekin ducklings make snoring sounds etc. if you can put a video of of Mr Pato on here maybe we can help you feel confident there isn't anything wrong. You'll have to put it up on you tube or Vimeo then copy and paste here.

:welcome

Hii!
This is the video,

sorry for the dirt of the soaper!

For now he sleeps in a cage with a towel and up hay, so that he absorbs his pee better.
As a drinker I use a round Tupperware in which he gets to put his entire peak (from what I see it can be washed well), the bad thing is that he still does not like bathing in a bowl that I bought for him to swim, and since I see it with that noise I thought if maybe it caught some "cold" although I live in a very hot area and the water was at room temperature, I also made sure to dry it well.

I hope that in the video you can appreciate the sound well, and above all I hope it is not bad at all.

Can I put vinegar in his water every day?

Ps: Sr Pato also dirties the water very fast!

Thank you very much for the answers

I’d go for every other day with the vinegar Apple cider kind. When I get back to my computer I’ll get you information on ACV an poultry. As for the noise I am not sure what that is. Although he sure looks healthy. I think someone who has Pekin might help more. All ducks muck their water up fast. @onaharley. @CrystaBub @casportpony I believe also has Pekin? Pato is adorable!

Also because Mr Paris is a Pekin make sure he gets really good nutrition so his legs are strong. They grow so fast they can end up with leg problems. What feed do you use? Try giving him warm water to swim in. Maybe he’d like that better. Swimming is an excellent way to get his leg muscles strong.

Back
Top Bottom