Duck wont leave coop

Birdmama2020

Chirping
Jul 24, 2020
Hi everyone,
My khaki campbell girl hasn't laid in a few days. The last egg was not fully developed in the sense it was very light shelled. After that she had a hard time passing a undeveloped egg. I soaked her in a bath and helped her pass it. I then seperated her from my drake. Since then she has not laid and now has stayed in the coop all day sitting on a nest with no eggs. Normally she is at the fence with my drake or wandering with the other girls.( We are in a heat wave right now and it's hotter then hot out.)
20210821_181303.jpg

I checked today to see if she might be egg bound but everything feels and looks ok from what I can tell. I put a bowl of water infront of her and she did drink some.
Is she upset with being seperated from her drake or could something else be going on?
(Picture of the undeveloped egg 2 days ago)

She maybe egg bound and you just can't feel it or she could have an infection. Do you have any Calcium gluconate TSC it will say injectable but we give it orally. If she does have an egg she can't pass this will help. But you need to give it to her asap so we can rule out egg bound. Can you let her soak in some nice warm water for a while too? Maybe inside so you can keep an eye on her. Warn water soaks can help them relax and maybe help lay an egg if they need to. Is she eating and pooping?

Hi everyone,
My khaki campbell girl hasn't laid in a few days. The last egg was not fully developed in the sense it was very light shelled. After that she had a hard time passing a undeveloped egg. I soaked her in a bath and helped her pass it. I then seperated her from my drake. Since then she has not laid and now has stayed in the coop all day sitting on a nest with no eggs. Normally she is at the fence with my drake or wandering with the other girls.( We are in a heat wave right now and it's hotter then hot out.)View attachment 2809929
I checked today to see if she might be egg bound but everything feels and looks ok from what I can tell. I put a bowl of water infront of her and she did drink some.
Is she upset with being seperated from her drake or could something else be going on?
(Picture of the undeveloped egg 2 days ago)
Any update on your girl? She feeling better?

Back
Top Bottom