Duckie Candy... Ideas???

Just an update on this... I got some Mazuri Waterfowl Pellets. Took them to the park and the ducks didn't seem to like them much. Heck my ducks didn't even like it much and they love their All Flock. I even took some meal worms out to the park and they nibbled on them half heartedly. (My ducks would walk across a fire pit full of flaming raccoons for a meal worm.
wee.gif
) Then the park ducks go crazy for bread
he.gif
. I know I won't convince anyone to feed them stuff they don't react well to. Guess they are brainwashed. I know they have good food available to them from the fairgrounds staff, so maybe the bread is just dessert. I was just hoping to get people to feed the ducks better food. I even took a watermelon one day and cut off a piece and threw it in the water. The watermelon floated on the water and a minnow found it and started nibbling at it making it bob in the water. A duck swam by and looked at it and continued on...
th.gif
ANY of my ducks would have eaten the minnow and the watermelon.
idunno.gif
Oh well, at least in the winter, I can supplement their diets with all flock (don't know what I am going to do with my vending machine
roll.png
).

Cracked wheat, whole grain cereal, and peas are favorites of wild ducks I've discovered!

Cracked wheat, whole grain cereal, and peas are favorites of wild ducks I've discovered!

I can feed them, I was just looking for something vendable that floats. We give them all flock on the ground and they like it OK, but it sinks so it wouldn't work to vend to the public who might throw it in the water.

I can feed them, I was just looking for something vendable that floats. We give them all flock on the ground and they like it OK, but it sinks so it wouldn't work to vend to the public who might throw it in the water.

I still say cracked wheat or corn is the way to go, but yeah, they wouldn't float. Still, better than sticking with the same ol' bread and biscuits!

Excess nutrients in the water (ducks and geese are already poopin' there) add additional health issues and the fair gound has already spent 10s of thousands of dollars to put a floating island in place with a bunch of plants on it to try to get rid of some of the excess nutrients - I doubt they would want something to add to that problem. That's why I was so concerned about something that would float. If that wasn't a concern, I would just do "All Flock" since they actually like that but it sinks like it is full of rocks. (which it is since it has grit in it
big_smile.png
).

I've discovered that ducks hate change. When I changed my ducks' food it took them almost 2 weeks to eat it. They were not going near those strange grains and pellets. But after that they decided the food wasn't going to kill them and now they scarff it up. If people only offer them your pellets eventually they will figure out that it's good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom