Duckling balance issue?

BlessedCountry6

Songster
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
peace, hope and country
i have a duckling that seems to have a balance issue. Lays down a lot and is more ackward walking then my other ducks. Anything I should do? She is still growing but has grown a little slower than the others but not by much.
Thanks for any help.

Here is a pic of what she does.

I have them on flock raiser. I have two full grown ducks. I also have 4 more ducklings besides this one and she is the only one acting this way.
Niacin deficiency can cause lamness and neurological issue I would asap get her and your other ducklings even though they are showing no symptoms on Brewers yeast or Nutritional yeast [not baking yeast] 1 Tab to 1 cup of feed make sure she is eating it or put her and a buddy together so you know she is eating it.Could be something else but I'd try this first.

Last edited:
Niacin deficiency can cause lamness and neurological issue  I would asap get her and your other duckling even though they are showing now symptoms on Brewers yeast or Nutritional yeast [not baking yeast] 1 Tab to 1 cup of feed make sure she is eating it or put her and a buddy together so you know she is eating it.Could be something else but I'd try this first.

Ok. Thanks I will. My hubby has a beer brewing kit. I'm going to break into and steal some yeast. Lol.
My older ducks r having no issues. Should I still give them some. They are over 6 months old.

Ok. Thanks I will. My hubby has a beer brewing kit. I'm going to break into and steal some yeast. Lol.
My older ducks r having no issues. Should I still give them some. They are over 6 months old.

Over 6 months they should be okay it's usually the little ones that can have the problem and many times it's just one out of a group but better to give it to all little ones just to make sure they are all getting their B3. If it's powderery I'm thinking it maybe better to mix it in with their feed then mix in some warm water with it and feed it that way. just watch that they eat it within the day since wet feed can mold . Maybe make up a small amount first to see how long it takes them to eat it, like 1/2 cup feed to 1/2 tab of BY if they finish it off pretty quick then go to 1 cup to 1 tab.
I put two in a bin and brought them into the house till I know she gets food and the yeast.

Good now you can monitor her and make sure she is getting the proper amount, usually it can take as little as 5 days to show improvement sometimes less.
Thank you!
Your welcome and keep us updated on how she is doing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom