Duckling Bonding Question

Soos-Quacken

Chirping
Apr 19, 2020
Colorado
So, this is my first time trying to raise “lap ducks” and so far things have been going pretty well. I hatched them in my room, and have been holding them several hours each day. There now almost a full week old. However I’m going on a short trip this upcoming weekend (Sunday afternoon to Tuesday afternoon) and I’m wondering if this time away will impact this?

It could slightly affect it for the next day after. I would just spend some extra time with them beforehand. I would set them in a bathroom and sit with some treats. This will give you some extra bonding time. You could do the same afterwards and they'll be fine. They'll be a bit older by then as well

Just handle them often. If you feel that they're old enough you can set up like a dog xpen and let them forage out there and sprinkle some treats in the grass. That may help them feel more comfortable around you. You could also have them sit on your lap and pet them. Be careful not to let them fall off though. And maybe have a blanket on your lap just in case lol

So, this is my first time trying to raise “lap ducks” and so far things have been going pretty well. I hatched them in my room, and have been holding them several hours each day. There now almost a full week old. However I’m going on a short trip this upcoming weekend (Sunday afternoon to Tuesday afternoon) and I’m wondering if this time away will impact this?
Have them stay at my house, I’ll keep them company!

I have 2 ducklings, now at 2.5 weeks, they’re not craving as much attention. I do spend some time with them, i hope they enjoy it as much as I do!

Back
Top Bottom