Duckling breed?

Madisan

Songster
7 Years
Jun 5, 2015
Florida

Can anyone tell me what breed the black duckling is? It is all black with yellow underneath. Black legs and feet with black bill as well.
Thanks!

Yes, looks like my Cayuga babies. They sometimes have a little light yellow or gray color on their chests as ducklings. It could also be a Cayuga cross since it does look to be pretty bright yellow there.

Here's one of my Cayuga ducklings:

And here are some of my Cayuga/Rouen crosses:

They can look pretty similar, but you'll see different markings show up as they get in their adult feathers if it is a cross. The yellow area will fade as it gets older and black feathers will eventually come in there if it's a pure Cayuga. If it's a cross it will have white feathers come in there instead of black.

Yes, looks like my Cayuga babies. They sometimes have a little light yellow or gray color on their chests as ducklings. It could also be a Cayuga cross since it does look to be pretty bright yellow there. Here's one of my Cayuga ducklings: And here are some of my Cayuga/Rouen crosses: They can look pretty similar, but you'll see different markings show up as they get in their adult feathers if it is a cross. The yellow area will fade as it gets older and black feathers will eventually come in there if it's a pure Cayuga. If it's a cross it will have white feathers come in there instead of black.
You have beautiful babies :) and these came from ideal hatchery as assorted ducks

Back
Top Bottom