Duckling can hardly stand. And can't walk?

thatduckguyy

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 25, 2011
He is 2 days old and all the others can stand and walk. He can stand but he falls like 2 seconds later he falls, it looks like one of his feet slip underneath the other then he falls on his side.
Here is a video and some pictures.
My mom was thinking maybe its wing, because wings help banlance and one looks bigger than the other. So heres a pic:
IMG00507-20110817-1855.jpg

Its a bit hard to see but he has a piece of his wing missing we think. Maybe deformed.

Here hes lying on his side with his feet out
IMG00510-20110817-2120.jpg

if it is a wing problem could I fix it?
and its definately not splayed legs take a look at this video:

I could really use some help so if you have ANY suggestions let me know!

It looks like some kind of balance issue- it can certainly move its legs well enough when it isnt standing up. Its not caused by the wings though. I am thinking some kind of muscular problem or something neurological...poor duckie..

Quote:
he can even swim its juts his wing is there anything we can construct to balanca him?

Quote:
oh.. I see, I really don't know what to do then.. Maybe should i contact a rehabillitator? Or somthing like that? Because its really hard to care for him, trying to give attention to 4 other ducklings then I have to help him eat all the time. I just don't want him to pass away I really want to help him.

I don't think it will hurt to give him vitamins/electrolytes/probiotics. If it's neurological, sometimes more niacin or thiamine (Duckyfromoz knows more about that, I think) can help.

Hmm, it looks like he's fine as long as he's not moving! If he can swim well enough, regular swimming might help develop his leg muscles and help him stand... I wonder if it would possible to create some sort of stabiliser like for a child's bike that goes over his back and comes round to almost touching the ground on both sides to keep him from falling sideways..?

Back
Top Bottom