Duckling hatch along

I also meant to mention earlier... if they ARE Welsh Harlequin ducklings, there is a high chance of determining sex at hatch/shortly after hatch.

The males have darker bills, and the females have a lighter bill with a dark spot near the tip. This is usually 90% accurate but only works shortly after hatch, as their bills turn all dark... so if any of your babies seem to have this characteristic now, it would be good to take note :jumpy

They have orange bills with dark spots on it. But they all have that and I don't think that I would get all hens. Need more pics yet?
I also meant to mention earlier... if they ARE Welsh Harlequin ducklings, there is a high chance of determining sex at hatch/shortly after hatch.

The males have darker bills, and the females have a lighter bill with a dark spot near the tip. This is usually 90% accurate but only works shortly after hatch, as their bills turn all dark... so if any of your babies seem to have this characteristic now, it would be good to take note :jumpy

I'm having a hard time not opening the incubater and holding the babies! Look
1639969965567-1761657662.jpg
how cute they are!

Back
Top Bottom