Duckling hatching, when should I assist if at all?

orrlux

Chirping
Apr 27, 2022
Hey, all! My ducklings have started hatching, and all is well so far, my fifth duckling pipped yesterday afternoon and is still working on hatching. However, I am a little bit concerned because he has made a huge hole in the top of the egg and has his beak out. it’s taking much longer than the other ducklings to hatch I learned my lesson last time to not be too quick to assist in the hatching process as I’m not sure if he’s absorbed the yolk yet or not, but I don’t want him to end up stuck or shrink wrapped. He seems OK so far and it’s still breathing and peeping, but wanted y’all’s advice!

Attachments

• 7DDADB31-F271-41E4-A5D0-37BD126C2648.jpeg
    7DDADB31-F271-41E4-A5D0-37BD126C2648.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 25
wow Ive never hatched any eggs but I know one thing you must keep it humid/moistened God bless your little ones I pray this one hatches well too

Hey, all! My ducklings have started hatching, and all is well so far, my fifth duckling pipped yesterday afternoon and is still working on hatching. However, I am a little bit concerned because he has made a huge hole in the top of the egg and has his beak out. it’s taking much longer than the other ducklings to hatch I learned my lesson last time to not be too quick to assist in the hatching process as I’m not sure if he’s absorbed the yolk yet or not, but I don’t want him to end up stuck or shrink wrapped. He seems OK so far and it’s still breathing and peeping, but wanted y’all’s advice!
If it's making a hole and not zipping and it's been over 24 hours it will need to be assisted. Hopefully it doesn't have wry neck from being in the egg so long without adjusting.

Not abnormal. Be patient.
Ducklings can take days to hatch. They can remain like this for a day or two before zipping.

Is the duckling making yawning or chewing motions with its beak? This would imply it is still absorbing yolk.
I would wait for now. Dont rush it.

Hi!

Same thing going on here! It’s been 3 days now and he’s peeping away but isn’t doing anything at all for 3 days!!
I’m a nervous wreck 😰

Blessings to you.❤️

Attachments

• FD6D043E-7417-48B3-BD7E-1DDF337F5676.jpeg
    FD6D043E-7417-48B3-BD7E-1DDF337F5676.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom