Duckling Identification Help

Cardipeep

Chirping
Jan 17, 2021
My son has been begging to add ducks to our backyard flock and today I caved when we saw these babies at TSC. They were in a bin labeled “ducks” with no other information. One pure yellow with orange feet and bill that I’m guessing is a Peking. The others are varying yellow and black with spotted feet and bills. Are they Anconas? Muscovy? Neither? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9921.jpeg
    IMG_9921.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 40
I’d guess the 4 yellow and black ones are all Anconas - Anconas tend to vary a lot in appearance.
The all-yellow one is likely a Pekin, but there’s a couple breeds with all-yellow babies. A picture of their face would help.
Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_9908.jpeg
    IMG_9908.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 11
My son has been begging to add ducks to our backyard flock and today I caved when we saw these babies at TSC. They were in a bin labeled “ducks” with no other information. One pure yellow with orange feet and bill that I’m guessing is a Peking. The others are varying yellow and black with spotted feet and bills. Are they Anconas? Muscovy? Neither? Thanks!
Beautiful ducklings :love .I second Anconas on the black and whites, and the one with the heavily masked face looks like a tricolor Ancona.

Looks like TSC sources all/most of their birds from Hoover’s Hatchery, so check which breeds they have as a starting point.
They also have this site https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/live-birds which you might could get an answer for your area store.
In the app I didn’t see Anconas as a possibility but they do have a “mixed ducklings” so it’s still possible.
Ours only carries boring ones like Pekins and Rouens 😆 but that’s fine for me, I raise only Cayugas.

Back
Top Bottom