Duckling limping

babykay1994

Hatching
6 Years
May 25, 2013
I don't know what to do. Her name is Abba and she just started limping today, she will swim and float but not walk on it. Not swollen, no hot spots, and no apparent fractures I can feel. Her foot looks normal so it's not bumble foot and their area is made of hay so it's not flat. They have chick starter feed 16% and I am going to crush up a small amount of niacin for her in her water she has three other ducklings in her area but I'm going to seperate her with one other duckling. All roughly the same size and none seem to be squabbling... What else can I do to help her recovery. I love my little baby girl:/

Use the niacin (Storey's Guide recommends 100 to 150 mg per gallon for several weeks), warm baths deep enough to float in twice a day if you can.

It could be a sprain. Epsom salts are really good for sprains, but don't let them drink the water, it is a laxative. Miss Lydia hold her ducks so their legs are in a small bucket with Epsom salts water, I use compresses (rags soaked in the solution and wrapped around the legs).

Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

Back
Top Bottom