Duckling lost balance and craning neck

Pickle Rick

Chirping
Oct 1, 2018
QLD Australia
hi all. I posted a thread a couple hours ago about a duckling that was having troubles catching up to the other ducklings that I took in and it was doing okay, however I went to have dinner and when I came back an hour later the duckling was upside down on its back. and now whenever I put it upright it will just fall on its side, stretch its legs and turn its head upside down and face the other way. I will try to get some photos up

IMG_0003.JPG

Water, water, water!!! Is it drinking water?! First thing that would come to my mind is niacin definecy. Could be anything though. What has duckling been eating? Is duckling drinking normally, eating a healthy amount?

Water, water, water!!! Is it drinking water?! First thing that would come to my mind is niacin definecy. Could be anything though. What has duckling been eating? Is duckling drinking normally, eating a healthy amount?
while she was living she was definetly drink a lot and she didn't want to eat, possibly because she was still learning wat the feed was

I’m so sorry :( At least you tried for the baby. It’s a great time to add niacin supplement to your flock first aid! I would suspect nervous system issue (just so you can better prepare next time-Hopefully there won’t be a next time though.) I’m sure someone else will chime in and let you know more tips for your next duckling that has any kind of issue! Hopefully someone else can also pin point the issue head on so you know!! Once again, sorry for your loss :hugs

Back
Top Bottom