duckling on back

he is a runner and not feathered I found him sitting on the rock of the pond about 6pm he looks like a hunch back his neck is not straight up.He is under a light with his friends and is sleeping.

How do I tell if it's just a chill or something worse?

I wonder if something happened to him? did he get stepped on by another animal?? I have a duck her name is delta, she was different when we got her, her feet were funny, and her wings stuck out...(hence the name delta...airlines) the older she got the funnier she walked, she is like a crippled duck, but she can move pretty fast when she wants to.
I have had her over a year now and she is doing great.
the neighbor had a little duck that kept falling over, and falling on his back, she gave it to us, because we had ducks,and aparently took in crippled ducks...etc... he lived for a while but never grew much, his brother duck was twice the size, and one day we went outside and he was dead. I don't know what happened to him, but I think he had some kind of problem.
I would just keep the duck warm, and comfortable. I wouldn't let him out to get in a puddle or pond until he gets older and has feathers.
I hope the little duckie gets better. I love my ducks.

Back
Top Bottom