Duckling on its back and kicking its legs

KathrynAB

In the Brooder
Nov 14, 2022
Hi, I had two Call ducklings hatch this morning. One is sitting up and doing well. The other one keeps rolling on to its back and kicking its legs and it’s not sitting up. What is wrong with it?? It’s tweeting away but just lays and rolls on to its back and kicks its legs. If it does sit for a short amount of time it curls its head under its body luke it’s trying to push itself up. It’s not opening its eyes either but it can! I’ve bathed the eyes in case they were stuck. I just want to help it. 😢

Did you assist this one when hatching? It can take longer for them to recover when they have had assistance. If the yolk is completely absorbed don't try and feed or give water for at least the first 24 hrs. You want it to be able to hold its head up so it can swallow without difficulty .

Did you assist this one when hatching? It can take longer for them to recover when they have had assistance. If the yolk is completely absorbed don't try and feed or give water for at least the first 24 hrs. You want it to be able to hold its head up so it can swallow without difficulty .
I did assist this this one. But it ended up coming out on its own. I found it under my hen 4 hours later! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom