Duckling with injured beak

Devildollx

Chirping
5 Years
May 26, 2017
Seattle
Two days ago I noticed my blue runner had a beak injury. Not broken, but bleeding slightly. I've been watching it closely and noticed today there is a significant amount of swelling, which I had expected. It doesn't seem to be creating any difficultly eating for my duck (my greatest concern), what I'm wondering is if there's anything I can do to bring the swelling down, and how long its likely to last? My duck doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain but I'm sure it is annoying for him. Thanks!

Ps - the photo is of him immediately after I noticed the bleeding, before any swelling started.
20170524_195515.jpg

Last edited:
Two days ago I noticed my blue runner had a beak injury. Not broken, but bleeding slightly. I've been watching it closely and noticed today there is a significant amount of swelling, which I had expected. It doesn't seem to be creating any difficultly eating for my duck (my greatest concern), what I'm wondering is if there's anything I can do to bring the swelling down, and how long its likely to last? My duck doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain but I'm sure it is annoying for him. Thanks!

Ps - the photo is of him immediately after I noticed the bleeding, before any swelling started.
View attachment 1018933
what a sweetheart. I can't seem to see the injury. What do you think happened?

View attachment 1018933

what a sweetheart. I can't seem to see the injury. What do you think happened?
He took a bit of a tumble the day he obtained the injury, having fallen off a small table he was on while I changed his bedding (he only fell about three feet and landed on soft carpet). I can't think of anything else that may have caused it, unless it happened while I was away. They (he and his two Pekin nestmates) have nothing in their brooder that would cause them harm tho.

Back
Top Bottom