duckling with one wing larger than the other.

Alburner

Chirping
Jun 27, 2019
I have a Cayuga that’s around 5 weeks old. I got him to be a friend for my loan Hatcher who is now just over 2 weeks old. One of the wings on the Cayuga is larger than the other. The bird is feathering walking eating and acting completely normal. I feed an 18% protein chick starter, lowest protein I can find in a starter with nutritional yeast mixed in for niacin. I give fresh greens every day such as turnip greens, dandelion, and peas. I have given some mealworms just to try and build a bit of a bond but that’s it. Is the wing a concern? This was the runt duckling when I picked it up but has been healthy and vigorous since it came in. Any ideas on what might be the cause or if this is not too abnormal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Any way you can post a picture so we can see exactly what you're talking about? Sounds pretty odd, but probably nothing to be concerned about. Like Serin said, could just be a birth defect, or maybe angel wing? Hard to know without seeing it, though.
I’ll get a picture when I get home. When I got him or her the wings looked the same size. He was a lot smaller than the other ducklings he was with it’s a sizeable difference, the wings look the same one is just bigger.

Back
Top Bottom