Duckling

@Dawn powell it isn't the correct form of niacin, that is no flush, which is a slow release form- you need flush effect which is fast release.
B complex would be better though, if you can get some, tractor supply should sell it, it's the Durvet brand. 1 ml orally via a treat, daily.

Brewers yeast is also good, 1-1.5 tbsp per cup of feed.
We should rule out whether this is nutritional or neurological though.

Can you answer whether this is a crested duckling? And we really need to see a video of the duckling wobbling to be able to guess as to what is wrong. If you take a video, upload it to YouTube or a similar platform, and post the link here, we will be able to see

Does the duckling have any other symptoms? Does its neck/head look normal? Are it's feet pointed inwards?

Please advice if this is wrong I have brewers as well but not sure if it was any good
Are you in the UK? hopefully you can find plain niacin but the best would be B complex in liquid or tablets. The tabs you can crush up if you can't get it in liquid. We have seen so many duckling helped by using B complex.
Also check your bag of brewers yeast some don't even have B3 in it. But when one is already having problems like your little one the B complex is the way to go.

@Dawn powell it isn't the correct form of niacin, that is no flush, which is a slow release form- you need flush effect which is fast release.
B complex would be better though, if you can get some, tractor supply should sell it, it's the Durvet brand. 1 ml orally via a treat, daily.

Brewers yeast is also good, 1-1.5 tbsp per cup of feed.
We should rule out whether this is nutritional or neurological though.

Can you answer whether this is a crested duckling? And we really need to see a video of the duckling wobbling to be able to guess as to what is wrong. If you take a video, upload it to YouTube or a similar platform, and post the link here, we will be able to see

Does the duckling have any other symptoms? Does its neck/head look normal? Are it's feet pointed inwards?
Are you in the UK? hopefully you can find plain niacin but the best would be B complex in liquid or tablets. The tabs you can crush up if you can't get it in liquid. We have seen so many duckling helped by using B complex.
Also check your bag of brewers yeast some don't even have B3 in it. But when one is already having problems like your little one the B complex is the way to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 4
  • C2CF4293-2BE9-4771-B594-36D731719056.png
    C2CF4293-2BE9-4771-B594-36D731719056.png
    664.1 KB · Views: 4
I don't think that's the correct thing, being in the UK you'll need to use the niacin capsules instead
Niacin capsules
These work well. 50mg per gallon is the dosage, available 24/7 in waterer. Along with brewers yeast, 1 or 1.5 tbsp per cup of feed.

Are you able to post a video of the duckling so that we can see the wobbling? We need to rule out any other issues to ensure treatment is effective

I don't think that's the correct thing, being in the UK you'll need to use the niacin capsules instead
Niacin capsules
These work well. 50mg per gallon is the dosage, available 24/7 in waterer. Along with brewers yeast, 1 or 1.5 tbsp per cup of feed.

Are you able to post a video of the duckling so that we can see the wobbling? We need to rule out any other issues to ensure treatment is effective
I can’t do a video not very good with technology it only let me take pic

I can’t do a video not very good with technology it only let me take pic
Ah, okay.
Could you describe it in detail? Does it seem disorientated, unbalanced, does it favour a leg or limp? Does it fall backwards, to the side, or is it able to walk okay?
I think trying niacin is the way to go
But I would perhaps also get some nutri drench to supplement as well. Gives them a boost of other vitamins too

Ah, okay.
Could you describe it in detail? Does it seem disorientated, unbalanced, does it favour a leg or limp? Does it fall backwards, to the side, or is it able to walk okay?
I think trying niacin is the way to go
But I would perhaps also get some nutri drench to supplement as well. Gives them a boost of other vitamins too
He does walk but his balance is not good falls over a lot sometimes cannot get up his self eats well and drinks

Back
Top Bottom