ducklings bald spot

allgoaton

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 14, 2014
Does these bald spots on this duckling's head seem normal? She's about a week old, and is an indian runner. She looks like she is missing fuzz over her eyes.

Does these bald spots on this duckling's head seem normal? She's about a week old, and is an indian runner. She looks like she is missing fuzz over her eyes.

Could another duckling be nibbling? at one week she could be beginning to lose some of her baby fuzz. Sure is a cutie.

I haven't noticed anyone pecking at her head... they do some preening of each other occasionally, but not on heads.

I haven't noticed anyone pecking at her head... they do some preening of each other occasionally, but not on heads.
Then more than likely it's just a normal thing seems yellow duckling just show it up more. losing their down can make them look bald in places, wait till they start to lose it on their lil wings. lol I'd let them have some warm water bath time, just up to the top of their legs with supervision only it will help them really get to preening and their down will be replaced with new feathers coming in.

Back
Top Bottom