Ducklings eating layer pellets

clkcdavis

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2023
My mama duck is a free ranger. I had her and babies up in a dog pen for two weeks after hatching, and they all ate starter/growth food. I let them out since she is not use to being penned. She has taken them to the pond for swimming and they are foraging like she does. They seem to be doing well except I'm worried about their feed. She has taken them to the chicken/duck feeder, so they are eating layer pellets. They are wild so I can't catch them. Any starter food I put out will be eaten by the adults. Ducks in the wild don't eat growth/starter food so I don't have anything to worry about, right?

My mama duck is a free ranger. I had her and babies up in a dog pen for two weeks after hatching, and they all ate starter/growth food. I let them out since she is not use to being penned. She has taken them to the pond for swimming and they are foraging like she does. They seem to be doing well except I'm worried about their feed. She has taken them to the chicken/duck feeder, so they are eating layer pellets. They are wild so I can't catch them. Any starter food I put out will be eaten by the adults. Ducks in the wild don't eat growth/starter food so I don't have anything to worry about, right?
I feed Purina duck. It is for all ages of ducks. Ducks in the wild do not eat layer feed. It has too much calcium for your young ones.

Back
Top Bottom