Ducklings missing feathers at neck

DiDi Homesteader

Hatching
May 8, 2021
Hi! I have 8 ducklings who are less than a week old and a gosling. I noticed today that most of the ducks (maybe all) are wet at the neck and missing feathers. I have seen many of the ducklings nipping at each others necks. What should I do? Some of the ducklings are pretty bare. Should I separate the worst off? It’s hard to pinpoint which ducks are being the most aggressive. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 50
Hi! I have 8 ducklings who are less than a week old and a gosling. I noticed today that most of the ducks (maybe all) are wet at the neck and missing feathers. I have seen many of the ducklings nipping at each others necks. What should I do? Some of the ducklings are pretty bare. Should I separate the worst off? It’s hard to pinpoint which ducks are being the most aggressive. Thanks for any advice you can give.
After observing a bit more, the ducklings might be doing this to themselves? Sort of like over-grooming?

I have 2 baby Buff Ducks and they are doing the same thing.... Now they are scratching at the bare skin. I read somewhere else from a Vet that using Vetericyn works well... I am going to give it a try :)

Back
Top Bottom