Ducklings sneezing

ducklings5405

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2020
2 of my 3 ducklings have been sneezing for the last few days, they are nearly 2 weeks old. I noticed there is also a whistling noise from their nostrils when they sleep like a snore from a blocked nose maybe. What is wrong and how can I fix it? For some reason they sleep away from their heat lamp, even though it’s not too hot, so maybe they caught a cold? Another reason could be that they keep getting all their bedding wet with water and the dampness might’ve made them sick? Anyone who knows please let me know, thanks 😊

Ducklings should have deep enough water so they can clean their nares out with, to me, that sounds like whats their problem. Birds don't get colds, they get diseases.

Attachments

• A5B65CA3-7B33-4CA1-82F5-EB0559D30FD4.jpeg
    A5B65CA3-7B33-4CA1-82F5-EB0559D30FD4.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 12
Ducklings should have deep enough water so they can clean their nares out with, to me, that sounds like whats their problem. Birds don't get colds, they get diseases.
I don’t keep a pool of water in their habitat because I don’t want them to drown when unsupervised but I let them swim in deep water once a day

2 of my 3 ducklings have been sneezing for the last few days, they are nearly 2 weeks old. I noticed there is also a whistling noise from their nostrils when they sleep like a snore from a blocked nose maybe. What is wrong and how can I fix it? For some reason they sleep away from their heat lamp, even though it’s not too hot, so maybe they caught a cold? Another reason could be that they keep getting all their bedding wet with water and the dampness might’ve made them sick? Anyone who knows please let me know, thanks 😊
Please.. If you get any of these symptoms

Ruffled feathers
Sneezing
Breathing from beak

Rush and get them a respiratory antibiotic
I recommend timilcox solution by casava..

I don’t keep a pool of water in their habitat because I don’t want them to drown when unsupervised but I let them swim in deep water once a day

Two weeks old ducklings are not going to drown in 1inch of water, they need to be able to clean their nares out.

Back
Top Bottom