Ducklings week 3.

Help this duckling has done this off and on he keeps panting idk if it’s because I just put the baby chicks in the pen it was 84 today but they have shade and water is this normal?

You put baby chicks in with your ducklings?
They were together from the start I recently separated them because I put the ducks outside but now the chicks are flying around my house. So I put the chicks outside too. Am I not supposed to? My neighbor has ducks chickens turkeys quail and a few billy goats all in the same place in his yard

How’s it going? Anyone getting picked on? One problem with keeping ducks and chicks together is ducks are slobs they splash water out make their bedding wet an nasty and chicks need to be kept dry. So once your chicks and ducklings are around 6 weeks old I’d keep food an water outside the coop and feed up in a secure place over night to keep from drawing predators and vermin.

How’s it going? Anyone getting picked on? One problem with keeping ducks and chicks together is ducks are slobs they splash water out make their bedding wet an nasty and chicks need to be kept dry. So once your chicks and ducklings are around 6 weeks old I’d keep food an water outside the coop and feed up in a secure place over night to keep from drawing predators and vermin.
So far so good one duck keeps trying to run them off but the duck just runs through them and goes it’s way and the chicks just stay put. Yeah the chicks have a coop, the ducks are on the ground. I change the straw every other day. And the chicks pretty much have their own space. The pen will be netted in tomorrow I have to go get something to hold the netting around the pen because I forgot. The food is separated right now but the chicks will be moved. So far so good. The ducks don’t seem to care and the chicks just pretty much hang out on one side. I’ve had them both for over a month now and so far so good. But the chicks are flying in my back room and pooping all over lol. So we will see.

So far so good one duck keeps trying to run them off but the duck just runs through them and goes it’s way and the chicks just stay put. Yeah the chicks have a coop, the ducks are on the ground. I change the straw every other day. And the chicks pretty much have their own space. The pen will be netted in tomorrow I have to go get something to hold the netting around the pen because I forgot. The food is separated right now but the chicks will be moved. So far so good. The ducks don’t seem to care and the chicks just pretty much hang out on one side. I’ve had them both for over a month now and so far so good. But the chicks are flying in my back room and pooping all over lol. So we will see.
And yes usually I pick the food up anyways because there is ants and I don’t want the food soaked in ants. But I will be moving it all. I left it tonight just so they can get used to being in there.

Well that’s no good separate them in the coop if you want but def get them out of your house. If it’s warm enough.
Oh it’s 75+ here the ducks have their own coop and chickens have their own. The chickens have a heat lamp, the ducks do too but I don’t turn it on unless it gets chilly. But they usually just lay near it. So far so good I will keep going to check on them. If it gets bad or anything I will move the chicks. But so far they seem ok.

Back
Top Bottom