Ducklings with Gapeworm

They tend to eat a lot of grasshoppers and mayflies, but we also have bees and wasps so I suppose that is a possibility. Do you know what the black thing in the picture is called so I can check if it tends to live near my area?

I have been feeding chick feed up until now, with supplemental niacin, but my dad is getting duck grower feed today.

They tend to eat a lot of grasshoppers and mayflies, but we also have bees and wasps so I suppose that is a possibility. Do you know what the black thing in the picture is called so I can check if it tends to live near my area?

I have been feeding chick feed up until now, with supplemental niacin, but my dad is getting duck grower feed today.
I don't know what it's called, sorry. They might have gotten into a poisonous plant or eaten a poisonous bug.

I am pretty sure they are panting because of heat, but if you want to be sure, you could bring one inside, or into a cool location and see if it stops.
As I said in the description, this morning was pleasantly cool for july (about 68F). I also don't see how the heat could cause them to cough or make a chewing motion, I could be wrong though...

Yes. Would that cause problems?

It could, I've seen it plenty of times. Ducks and crumbles do not mix very well at all. Do you notice they do it more right after eating? They kind of get a big mouth full, cough a little, and wiggle their necks around?

It could, I've seen it plenty of times. Ducks and crumbles do not mix very well at all. Do you notice they do it more right after eating? They kind of get a big mouth full, cough a little, and wiggle their necks around?
Yeah, I always have to soak the crumbles for mine. They get them so stuck in their throats. I think they eat too fast, lol.

Back
Top Bottom