Ducklings

Hoover's Hatchery has a page on their website called "ID My Chick" or something like that. It has photos of babies that can be helpful to identify possible breeds. Chicyks, Ducklings, etc..
Thanks for the info . I just got a couple of each color . I decided I wouldn't stress out and try to get certain breeds . I ended up just picking out 6 . I think 2 are Runner ducks

Hoovers Hatchery choice of ducklings based on availability with a minimum of 3 breeds. Breeds that could be in the assortment is Pekin, Rouen, Khaki Campbell, Blue Swedish, Black Swedish, White Crested, Fawn & White Runner, Black Runner, Blue Runner, Chocolate Runner, Saxony, Silver Appleyard, Golden 300 and White Layer. This assortment will provide beauty to your backyard, eggs, pest control, and are also a good source of meat.

My TSC gets assorted ducklings from Hoovers Hatchery is there anyway to tell breeds apart as ducklings .
I want to get some more ducks and was interested in the Silver Appleyard ducklings and Golden Layer 300 , Saxony and the blue/black Swedish . How do I tell them apart ? Do I just look up the ducklings while I am there and compare pictures. Is there an easier way ?
I would by from a hatchery but USPS hasn't been reliable this year with anything live I have ordered this year so... I don't want dead ducklings again.
My locale TSC has been having a pretty good selection with healthy birds.
I have a pair Magpie Ducks and decided I want more ducks with a verity of breeds IDC if there frequent layers or if they make good meat birds . They will be strictly pets .
Looking up ducklings while there would probably be best bet. I don’t know about Hoovers specifically but most hatchery’s have a duckling identification page. So you could look at that then help. For silver apple yard. They should be yellow with a black diamond on their head. Saxony will be yellow too and if you look at their eyes they should have lines. Like if you think about a mallard, just not the same color and they are more faded so you have to look close. Swedish ducklings will have a different color bib. My golden 300 I believe was a tan duckling

Back
Top Bottom