Ducklings

These are both older pictures, first one is when we built the coop when we got it 2 years ago and the other is after we built their run on it
I'd make sure they can get to the food and water where ever you put it.
I would imagine they may not want to use the ramp for the first few days so I would put it inside the little coop part if I were you.

Hello and welcome! I love ducks too. Are those Appleyard's?
You probably should talk with someone more qualified than me, but my educated guess is they should stay in a brooder for awhile where it's safe from being pushed around or trampled by the adults. Drakes can be a little difficult for Ducklings to be around.
Good luck!
They are Mallards but Aladin (male) I believe is a hybrid mallard but Jasmine (female) is definitely a mallard. Aladin stays in the run all day but Jasmine isn't allowing him to sleep in the coop tonight so he is in a temporary cage in my garage tonight to keep him safe because they get locked in their coop at night.

They are Mallards but Aladin (male) I believe is a hybrid mallard but Jasmine (female) is definitely a mallard. Aladin stays in the run all day but Jasmine isn't allowing him to sleep in the coop tonight so he is in a temporary cage in my garage tonight to keep him safe because they get locked in their coop at night.
So what you're saying is Aladin is "henpecked" and sleeping on the couch tonight? :lau

Back
Top Bottom