Ducks “helping” with gardening

That's adorable, Beaglegal. During the warmer months, if anyone asks me if my ducks can do any tricks, I say that they can play "Construction Crew". I go out to the yard with a shovel and all eight of them gather round in a group while I dig a hole. So many supervisors....
That’s a real life skill

My ducks don't eat worms and bugs in my garden. They eat my garden. :lol:
Wish my ducks are like that
Ducks are like that! 😋 - Right now there is no garden, it is Winter here - i envy you for your warm weather, year around in the Philippines!
Once i have planted the veggies, those beds are off-limits for any duck! They will sit in front of the fences, eyes like pancakes, desperately squeaking at me to let them in…

The past couple days we've been doing our spring cleaning of our back yard. This time of year the weeds decide to all come at once. Our back yard is large and sectioned off by fences into the dog/kid side, the pool side, the RV and shed side and of course, the duck side.

We were working on the dog/kid area, pulling weeds around the play structure. Chuck and Buck were highly interested in what we were doing and we actually let them on that side for the first time ever. (We never let them be loose around our three huskies). They all got along (surprisingly) and next thing you know, Chuck and Buck were playing Goat..... eating all the weeds for us! Best $12 weed whackers ever. Unfortunately their input far exceeded their output and they got fat and lazy, sat down and took a nap.

Today I worked on the pool side. Of course that means the boys get to hang out in the pool. I used the real weed whacker and got a ton of weeds in our pool. Oops. Chuck and Buck came to the rescue and loved eating the weeds out of the pool. Best $12 pool sweeper ever :)

They behave better than my kids and they now officially do yard work better than my kids. Should have stuck with just ducks. Just kidding. Kinda.

Back
Top Bottom