Ducks 101

Pics
Hi!
I got thinking about what I'll want to feed my future ducks, I'd prefer to get the same brand of feed my chickens eat, as they have duck/goose feed. The store where I buy my chicken feed doesn't carry the duck/goose feed, so I was told I could use the gamebird feed instead, would that work out?

This is the gamebird feed.->
1692048153146.png

This is the goose/duck feed.->
1692048232922.png

Hi!
I got thinking about what I'll want to feed my future ducks, I'd prefer to get the same brand of feed my chickens eat, as they have duck/goose feed. The store where I buy my chicken feed doesn't carry the duck/goose feed, so I was told I could use the gamebird feed instead, would that work out?

View attachment 3609271

View attachment 3609272
I have had to feed our Gamebird feed before when they did not have regular duck feed and they were fine. If they are Pekin ducks or larger ducks you should add niacin for their legs to make them strong to support those big bodies. Others on here may be able to give you some advice on feed too. I think peas have niacin in them too and are good for ducks. Frozen ones that are thawed as canned ones would have a lot of added salt. Good luck.

I have had to feed our Gamebird feed before when they did not have regular duck feed and they were fine. If they are Pekin ducks or larger ducks you should add niacin for their legs to make them strong to support those big bodies. Others on here may be able to give you some advice on feed too. I think peas have niacin in them too and are good for ducks. Frozen ones that are thawed as canned ones would have a lot of added salt. Good luck.
Okay, thanks for the advice!
Also, I won't be getting Pekins, cause of the issues they can have. I'm going to get Welsh Harlequins, Buffs, and Blue Swedish.

Hi!

View attachment 3609271

View attachment 3609272
Any more opinions on this? Thanks!

We had a change of plans and decided to make the duck run 8x12 instead of 8x8. 8x8 seemed way too small, especially with the pool going to take up about 15sq ft. 😂 :oops:

I decided I want to have a deck for the duck pool, it'll look nice. Anyone have duck pools with decking?

Back
Top Bottom