Ducks and Cannabis

From the Thailand study...

"No abnormal behaviour was observed in the chickens, Chompunut said: “At the level of intensity we gave them, it wouldn’t get the chickens high.”

The levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the plant’s psychoactive substance which makes people feel high, and cannabidiol (CBD), a compound that does not give users a high, in the leaves ranged from 0.2 to 0.4%. “I try to find the suitable level for them that could help them to improve immunity and performance without any bad effects,” said Chompunut.

The results are yet to be published but Chompunut has observed positive signs. Cannabis-supplemented chickens tended to experience fewer cases of avian bronchitis"

This is of course chickens, not ducks, but our vet has given our ducks medicine that had no sources of information on interaction with ducks, but did have studies with chickens or other birds, so I suspect that we can apply this. I understand everyone's reluctance to use THC on their pets, and I'm glad that this community errs on the side of caution with the critters, but it looks like at least low does levels may be safe and not have any adverse affect - might even have beneficial outcomes. I'm not advocating, I'm just keeping the discussion open and trying to further our collective knowledge.

A friend gave me a plant last year and I made a salve out of it once it matured.it was in my backyard and a few of my hens go back there and they never even nibbled on it. They had to of seen it because they eat on the comfrey.

Last edited:
A friend gave me a plant last year and I made a salve out of it once it matured.it was in my backyard and a few of my hens go back there and they never even nibbled on it. They to of seen it because they are on the comfrey.
i once made tea from a plant and it was just relaxing . like chamomile only a little more.

Back
Top Bottom