Ducks and Chickens

catbav

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2020
Cleveland, Georgia
Hi all,

I've been raising 60+ chickens here in Georgia for four years now and love it. I sell the eggs and sometimes extra chicks. I got some Saxony ducklings this spring, 2 drakes and 4 ducks. They're 2 1/2 months old now and are so much fun to watch. They get along great with the chickens, except they make an absolute mess of the waterers. I haven't figured out how to keep them out of the chicken run yet.

Looking forward to having ducklings from them next year.

Hi all,

I've been raising 60+ chickens here in Georgia for four years now and love it. I sell the eggs and sometimes extra chicks. I got some Saxony ducklings this spring, 2 drakes and 4 ducks. They're 2 1/2 months old now and are so much fun to watch. They get along great with the chickens, except they make an absolute mess of the waterers. I haven't figured out how to keep them out of the chicken run yet.

Do you have any pictures

Hi all,

:welcome Ducks are sure messy and water is their absolute joy.

Do you have any pictures
Always, lol. My friends get sick of my talking about my babies :) The American Buff geese we had last year destroyed a lot of the grass, but it's slowly coming back this year when I replaced the geese with the ducks.

Attachments

• IMG_7778.jpg
    IMG_7778.jpg
    919.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 4.57.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 4.57.51 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 4.58.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 4.58.18 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom