Ducks and Chicks

Jaxx_

Chirping
May 25, 2024
Hello, I’m new here and just wanted to get some insight on what I should do..I’m incubating some ducks and chickens in the same incubator and started them all at the same time. Today is Day 7, but now that chickens take 21 days and ducks 28 days I’m stuck in a dilema..because by day 18 lockdown has to begin for the chicks but not my ducks… so now idk what to do.. and I don’t want shrink wrapping to happen on my duck eggs.. any advice?

Hello, I’m new here and just wanted to get some insight on what I should do..I’m incubating some ducks and chickens in the same incubator and started them all at the same time. Today is Day 7, but now that chickens take 21 days and ducks 28 days I’m stuck in a dilema..because by day 18 lockdown has to begin for the chicks but not my ducks… so now idk what to do.. and I don’t want shrink wrapping to happen on my duck eggs.. any advice?
Can you get a second incubator? That would be the easiest way to solve it: just move one kind of eggs to the other incubator, so each group can hatch at the correct time, without interfering with each other.

Back
Top Bottom