Ducks and Dogs :-)

Niczen82

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2021
My male duck (who I’ve had since day 2) is such a funny little guy and I LOVE him. But I’m wondering if this is a phase he’s going through or if it’s just dominance over my female duck. But my drake will hop out of the pool just to chase my 100lb husky away, or if my dogs are eating their food minding their own business, the drake will run out of nowhere just to boop my dogs in the butt. Or any time my dogs are outside my drake is dead set on causing chaos. My dogs usually just run away and are passive but..they’re dogs and their tolerance level may eventually not be so high lol. Is this normal? They’ve all been together since the beginning so I’m just not sure how to handle the new onset of who’s the boss

Attachments

• 1D7E52B1-81B9-4340-9E5D-84BA089B1983.jpeg
    1D7E52B1-81B9-4340-9E5D-84BA089B1983.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 20
Typical of a drake very hormonal, They have no fear and it can get them into alot of trouble even killed. I haven't had a problem with my drakes and my dogs but they are all only allowed to be together when I am with them, but boy my gander almost got himself killed when he had nipped my mid size dog one too many times. I actually had to train my geese to leave my dogs alone. So saying that, you are very right your dogs tolerance may run out and your drake can be killed or seriously injured. I'd some how keep them separated.
Beautiful ducks and dog.

Back
Top Bottom