Ducks and drinking water

Thanks for the suggestions. i will try to rig up something like the half dog crate watering station.

In the winter, my chickens go for days or weeks without being outside, mostly out of choice -- they will NOT walk on snow and they have no covered run space. So, once the snow arrives, they are voluntarily inside until some patch of the yard turns green (or at least not white).

I had it in mind that I would keep the ducks inside when the chickens refused to go out.

If I were to let my ducks into the yard, would they come home at night? I've been told they do not return to roost, so if they go outside, they need a fenced run. I have a friend who had one duck in with his chickens and all of them free ranged during the day. His duck didn't wander off, though I don't know whether he had to fetch it in the evening when it was time to go inside.

My ducks go to bed with the chickens but when they didn't have chickens with them they never went to bed on their own! they have always been fenced in though.I always had to guide the ducks into the coop with a stick.

this set up works good for my brooder

Back
Top Bottom