Ducks and geese on the Olympic Peninsula, WA

annalympic

In the Brooder
Sep 11, 2022
Hello from the northwest of the Pacific Northwest! My name is Anna and I'm living on my family's 30 ac property, which is situated on the traditional lands of the S'Klallam People on the Olympic Peninsula, WA.
PXL_20220727_204702211.jpg

My family, partner, and I are transforming ~4.5 ac of this land from degraded hay fields to a productive smallholding. I'm interested in regenerative agricultural practices, agroforestry and silvopasture, integrated animal-plant farming systems, ethical animal production, heirloom gardening, food preservation, permaculture, biodiversity, conservation, soil health, local food systems, traditional country skills, and...on and on.

I grew up raising chickens and ducks with my family. I finally got the first flock of my adult life, 11 Silver Appleyard ducks and 4 African goslings, hatched Sept 6, 2022. I'm new to geese so I'm sure to need advice in that department as I go!

I look forward to exchanging know-how and sharing experiences, both fair and...fowl.

Hello from the northwest of the Pacific Northwest! My name is Anna and I'm living on my family's 30 ac property, which is situated on the traditional lands of the S'Klallam People on the Olympic Peninsula, WA.
View attachment 3265329

My family, partner, and I are transforming ~4.5 ac of this land from degraded hay fields to a productive smallholding. I'm interested in regenerative agricultural practices, agroforestry and silvopasture, integrated animal-plant farming systems, ethical animal production, heirloom gardening, food preservation, permaculture, biodiversity, conservation, soil health, local food systems, traditional country skills, and...on and on.

I grew up raising chickens and ducks with my family. I finally got the first flock of my adult life, 11 Silver Appleyard ducks and 4 African goslings, hatched Sept 6, 2022. I'm new to geese so I'm sure to need advice in that department as I go!

I look forward to exchanging know-how and sharing experiences, both fair and...fowl.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom