Ducks and pools

kmstephens3307

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 7, 2014
I just recently purchased 8 ducks. (Originally only 4 but then found out that I had 1 of each so I went and purchase 1 of each again so I had 4 couples) We have two pools and they get very dirty every day, my husband and I probably look like fools every night around 10pm out there taking buckets emptying water, washing, and refilling. Does anyone out there have a different idea? Something maybe quicker? My husband and I are looking into having someone come dig a pond but I won't be able to do that until next Summer. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Kandis

Last edited:
Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I can print off the picture and go to the hardware store tonight. :)

I use a small, submersible pump to drain my 35 gallon pond. The pump was very inexpensive and drains the "pond" (mine is a black plastic landscaping pond) easily. My ducks don't actually get to swim in this pond--it's for birds and deer. I use polyester mortar mixing trays--two of them for six ducks--and dump them every morning and refill. They are sturdier than kiddie pools and are about 24 by 18 by 6 inches deep. The ducks love them. You can use as many as you like--they are pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom