Ducks and snakes

When 2 of my girls were sitting on eggs they were side by side and a big blk snake went into there house, well It was less than 1 min before he was back outside, but some are more fearless than others, when my girl was sitting on a goose egg, a blk. snake came in to her nest and she pitched a fit but never attacked him, if I hadn't heard her flalling around in there he probably would have gotten that egg, now what he would have done with is debatable. I've seen them swallow a duck egg and thats something to behold, I'm not sure if they could swallow a goose egg. and we have big blk snakes.

oh, I bet they could swallow a goose egg... we had a small,maybe 3' blk snake get into the house and eat 2 quail. The quail were fully grown. I know thet's not saying much, but it wasn't a big snake either. Those suckers are amazing!

When I was raising finches, I had one get in my aviary and eat 4 of my most expensive birds. That was the only time I sentenced one to death...and only then because I had no idea how he got in and he knew there was food there at that point.

We'll would ya look at that 3 Tarhills back to back
lol.png

Quote:
I came home one day and thought I had some kind of Corba in my pen, but it was just a big black snake that had swallowed a goose egg enough so he had his jaws back in place. The egg made him so big around that he couldn't fit through the standard chicken wire. A dose of .22 bird shot blew his head off but broke the egg. I draped the body over a standard 48" horse fence and he touched ground on both sides. That night my motion lights came on and I watched a coon sow and her 3 kits drag the body off. very funny the kit that had the tail wanted to eat it in place but Mama was dragging it and the kit off. I had seen this old lady many times touch the hot wire until she learned to respect it. I think she returned for the rodents that would clean up any spilled feed. Loved those night cameras.

I figured they could probably eat one, but figured it would take a while. We don't usually kill our blk. snakes since they do such a good job on rodent patrol. Last year all baby chicks hatched before blk snakes came out of hibernation,don't know about this year yet. I watched a big blk snake eat a huge frog once not a pretty sight.

Back
Top Bottom