Ducks and Tractor Supply Chicken Feed?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by calamtykel, Jun 17, 2016.

1. calamtykel

calamtykel Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2009
    I have three young ducks who have been raised on the regular mixed flock Grower feed. They are about three months old now. I also have two one year old ducks that are laying an egg a day, that I got from a farm recently.
    I would like to switch my ducks to organic feed but the only kind of feed Tractor Supply has for "ducks" is the regular "flock grower" which they should not need forever.
    TS has organic pellets but they have pictures of chickens only on the bag.
    Would these be okay for ducks?? I seem stuck with the flock grower forever if not... My ducks have a large area where they can forage all day long on plants and bugs.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I feed an organic poultry layer feed - and the ducks get a little forage and some treats. They seem fine.

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

I feed all real grains... no pellets for chickens.
    Hog barley chop pellets, wheat....scratch grains..fresh veg/fruit.
    Free ranging....

4. RachG75

RachG75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Central Illinois
    From what I have read, that is fine. I may have just purchased the same thing at tsc and am transitioning my girls to it now. It's an organic layer pellet and I am adding some brewers yeast for extra niacin and vitamins. They lover it when I sprinkle a little in their pool and they can dive and hunt for it! It falls apart after a minute so I don't sprinkle much or it would just be a mess.

5. RachG75

RachG75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Central Illinois
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by