Ducks and trout frolick together!

Carcajou

Songster
9 Years
Jul 3, 2012
Delhi, New York
Here are some photos of my Khakis enjoying the sunshine yesterday and frolicking with the rainbow trout. I have one rainbow in my pond and he sometimes chases the ducks!

Hi all,

I did have the pond put in. It is actually my spring overflow. I had a friend with a dozer come over one day and we did the work. Since it is spring-fed it stays clear and doesn't freeze in the winter. I am very, very fortunate to live in a spot where I can provide such a water source for my ducks, have cold water trout habitat, and have wonderful cold spring water to drink.

Hi all,

I did have the pond put in. It is actually my spring overflow. I had a friend with a dozer come over one day and we did the work. Since it is spring-fed it stays clear and doesn't freeze in the winter. I am very, very fortunate to live in a spot where I can provide such a water source for my ducks, have cold water trout habitat, and have wonderful cold spring water to drink.
It's beautiful!! you are very blessed indeed.

Wow! I want to live there!! Ducks and trout together - sounds like heaven!
Yeah!
thumbsup.gif

Wow! I want to live there!! Ducks and trout together - sounds like heaven!

'Tis heaven! We also have deer (who like my apple trees!), turkeys, cottontail rabbits, squirrels, cows and horses (ah, the aroma of freshly spread manure!), and the usual variety of predators roaming and flying freely around the neighborhood! Headed out to the deck right now with a hot cup of coffee to take it all in. Maybe the ducks will do their jet-ski races this morning!

The coffee is always hot and our door is always open. Look us up anyone if you are traveling this way.

Back
Top Bottom